Former Firefighter and Chief Fire Risk Assessment Officer at Future Fire Protection
Duncan was a member of the Essex County Fire Service for approximately 10 years and was a serving Fire fighter from 2007. During this time, his experience bought him into contact with the dangers and behaviour of fire from a practical side and has greatly assisted the carrying out and documenting fire risk assessments and evacuation plans.
He has experience in carrying out Fire Risk Assessments on many different and complex buildings and sites including work on behalf of Borough Councils and large organisations such as the NHS (Primary Care Trust) as well as on behalf on UK power Networks providing assessments on internal and external 11kv substations.
Duncan has also produced fire plans and drawings for many NHS buildings within the City and Hackney areas of London and carried out fire door surveys on behalf of Nissan and Renault.
All testing and maintenance undertaken by Future Fire Protection is carried out in accordance with BS9990: 2015 and Hydrant testing and maintenance is also carried out with full flow and pressure tests performed.
Throughout his career with the Fire Service, Duncan gained qualifications in the following:
- Fire risk assessment with the FPA
- Fire science, fire safety and fire operations with the Institution of fire engineers
- Diploma in Fire safety with the Institution of fire engineers
- European Diploma in Fire prevention with the FPA
- Diploma in Fire doors with FDIS
- Substation entry qualification through UK Power Networks
- UKATA Asbestos Qualification
- Dry and wet riser qualification through UKFA
- NVQ Customers service Level 3
Duncan is also a member of the following organisations:
- Institute of fire safety managers (AIFSM)
- Institute of Fire prevention officers (MIFPO)
Additional services undertaken include:
- Evacuation plans including vertical evacuation plans and Progressive Horizontal evacuation plans for residential care premises
- CAD Drawings for fire plans
- Dry and wet riser testing and maintenance
- Static testing on vertical and horizontal riser systems and pressure and flow tests
To find out more about Fire Risk Assessments for you business or home contact us today